Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hell Baby (2013)

Hell Baby (2013)
Directors: Robert Ben Garant, Thomas Lennon
Stars: Rob Corddry, Leslie Bibb, Keegan Michael Key

Finally! A horror spoof that's actually above the Scary Movie bullshit that brain dead masses seem to lap up like milk that's been out of date for a month and sitting in 100 degree weather in Ecuador. It reminded me more along the lines of a Broken Lizard film filled with people I mostly see on those I Love the 80's VH1 specials they had a few years back. 

An expecting couple move into a run down house in New Orleans that just happens to be haunted as well...by F'resnel (Key), who lives in the crawlspace of the house. Oh, there's also a demon that posses the expecting wife (Bibb). She starts acting a little strange, like speaking in tongues, drinking paint thinner by the quart, and oh yeah ripping out someone's entrails.

Luckily for them, there's a pair of cigarette smoking, sunglasses wearing badass priests who are assigned to their house (played by the directors).

I don't have anything bad to say about this movie. The writing is good, a couple of great gross out moments, and actors that are actually...you know...funny. Fully recommended.

Six Things I've Learned From Hell Baby

1. This movie truly understands my hatred of stacking boxes up too damn high. If you have to look around it, it's too damn high, dummy!

2. I really want a po'boy sandwich. Like right now! Get one for me! ...please?

3. I never want to live in a neighborhood where the old naked wrinkly lady from the Shining can break into my house and...I'll let you see for yourself. Naked old lady....HAIRY naked old lady.

4. Michael Ian Black dies in this so that already makes this an A++ film for me.

5. It's never a good idea to smoke a lot of pot and then drive. You never know when several trashcans will jump out at you going 2mph. Those suicidal trash bastards!

6. This has one of the greatest shower scenes of all time. OF ALL TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your 2 cents here!