Friday, October 5, 2012

WWWofCF's Top 15 Favorite Horror Movie Moments #15

Since this month is when all the witches fly and the freaks come out at night and people are trying to figure out how to put razor blades in popcorn balls, I thought I'd put together my own little list of favorite Horror Movie Moments. 

Now I'm not saying these are the best scenes ever (well to me they are) as any list like this is subjective, but I'd like to get your comments on the selections I've made. 

These are not in any particular order.

#15 "I Remember You" from House of 1000 Corpses





 I know Rob Zombie is hit or miss with some of you, but I've always enjoyed his work (Halloween 2 notwithstanding). It's obvious he has a true love of exploitation and cult films and casts his movies accordingly. You can say he casts his wife too often, but a lot of directors do that...looking at you Timmy Burton. 

While I love the Captain Spaulding scenes (and can currently be his double right now), it's this particular scene listed that got me the first time I saw it. The sheer slow motion brutality and shock while the sweet tones of Slim Whitman echos in the air is such a great pairing. The long silent pullback before the deputy is shot (not by Eric Clapton) is almost painful. Twenty seconds of agonizing silence fills the air before the gun goes off.

Stay tuned to this site as I'll have more of my favorite horror scenes all this month. Man I'm looking forward to Lords of Salem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your 2 cents here!