City of The Living Dead (1980)
Director: Lucio Fulci
Stars: Christopher George, Catriona MacColl, Carlo De Mejo
In the first of Fulci's trilogy (the others being The Beyond and House By The Cemetery), a preacher hangs himself, waking up a bunch of dead folk and generally cause mayhem and mischief himself. A reporter, a woman who previously died, and a therapist who dates high school girls set out to stop it. Brains are squished like one of those stress relieving balls. It's pretty neat-o.
Six Things I've Learned from City of The Living Dead
1. That ain't Nestle's strawberry syrup dripping into that milk!
2. Don't pet old dead ladies because they bite and then lay around in your kitchen for no reason.
3. Never let Christopher George help you out of a coffin.
4. Teenage guy smoking pot in a car with a teenage girl = drill in the head. Forty year old therapist dating a teenage girl = welcome with open arms.
5. Zombies don't run here, instead they've mastered the art of teleportation.
6. He's psychotic, he's so needing...he'll get your little eyeballs bleeding. Throwing up all your insides, he's got...EVIL PREACHER EYES!