KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park (1978)
Director: Gordon Hessler
Stars: Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley, Anthony Zerbe
The rock mega group KISS is playing at a local theme park, and everyone's excited. Everyone except Abner Devereoux, creator of the park's many animatronic wonders. When Abner makes duplicates of the makeup marvels, they must battle to see who getsa the groupies first. Spoiler: Neither Catman gets any groupies.
Six Things I've Learned from KISS Meets the Phanton of the Park
1. These guys know how to make an entrance. You won't see Steve Perry walking down a slope of laser blasts created from his own eye. Advantage Starchild.
2. So Abner turned some guy into his henchman/robot so he could be a photographer for Teen Beat? I hope he got Paul's dreamy side.
3. When the robot KISS starts singing the crowd gets angry and boos them. Weird thing is, they don't really sound any different than their normal stuff (and I'm a fan).
4. If you notice,the Demon doppelganger that's laying on Abner's table has a woman's head placed directly in the eye line of his crotch. I don't believe that wasn't on purpose for a moment.
5. No truth to the rumor that KISS thought about replacing Ace with his black stunt double.
6. Not something learned, but a question...were Abner's creations really robots, or were they made up of asshole customers? I mean, heads, legs, torsos...Abner Frankenstein is more like it.