Hot Dog: The Movie (1984)
Director: Peter Markle
Stars: David Naughton, Shannon Tweed, Tracy Smith
An Idaho ski wunderkind travels to a big time ski competition. He picks up an annoying hitchhiker along the way and the love/lust tension follows. He falls in with a rowdy group of skiers led by Mister Making It himself David Naughton and they take on the asshole Europeans. They even give the big downhill slope the name Chinese Downhil. Because it's slanted. Haw haw.
Six Things I've Learned From Hot Dog: The Movie
1. Always keep your eyes to the face when your hotel clerk walks in wearing just a smile. Manners!
2. Never take drugs and get trapped in a sauna with sleazy European people. I learned that the hard way. Couldn't sit down for a couple days and felt dirty.
3. In every ragtag group, there should always be an asian guy. And he only speaks english when he wants to know what the fuck is going on.
4. So even though the hitchhiker girlfrfriend gets mad at Idaho and leaves him, he doesn't seem the bit surprised that she pops back up like nothing happened when he clearly won the competition. She still slept with the sleazy European guy!
5. Why wasn't there a bigger deal made when Idaho clearly won the competition!? I'm sure there would have been a Sports Illustrated article about rigging skiing com...I couldn't finish that with a straight face.
6. I didn't see one damn hot dog in this film. Talk about false advertising!