Friday, August 10, 2012

FM (1978)

FM (1978)
Director: John A. Alonzo
Stars: Michael Brandon, Martin Mull, Eileen Brennan

QSKY is the hottest FM station in Los Angeles, with it's Tom Pettys and it's Eagles and the title track by Steely Dan. An eclectic group of DJ's led by Jeff Dugan go on strike when the higher ups want to shove army commercials all over the place. Look for a young Jimmy Buffet trying to save the whales with Livingston Saturday Night. I think the whales prefer to die.

Six Things I've Learned From FM

1. It's perfectly OK to replace your buddy with a former love interest and then never really think about that character again. Ho's before Bros!

2. I enjoyed the subtle way they take on the whole marijuana issue. I think they may enjoy it. Don't quote me on that though.

3. "We've got Linda Rondstant for several songs and by golly we're gonna show her singing all of them!"

4. If a woman has white nipples, it's a cop out to not freakin show them! You know how rare they are!? There's only like three reported cases in the U.S. and one of them is a guy!

5. The DJ's have such colorful names like Mother, Eric Swann, and the Prince of Darkness. If I worked there, I'd just be called the Round Mound of Sound. Assholes.

6. QSKY is a peacful, fun loving group who enjoys smoking pot, having sex, and illegally stealing concerts from other radio stations so they can get in trouble. But I forgive them because they know Reo Speedwagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your 2 cents here!