Friday, December 13, 2013

Surburban Sasquatch (2004)

Surburban Sasquatch (2004)
Director: Dave Wascavage
Stars: Sue Lynn Sanchez, Bill Ushler, Dave Bonvita

I love this terrible movie.

The plot, what little of it there is, concerns a giant angry and hungry Sasquatch going around disappearing and reappearing to rip off the same arm over and over and kill people. Two cops, a not the least bit native american female warrior, and the saddest excuse of a writer all try to destroy this unstoppable beast.

So this movie has a combination of bad practical effects mixed in with the worst CGI since Birdemic. There's such ridiculous effects like the worst explosion ever, a sentient net cast over the Sasquatch, and an exploding door even though you can see the real door opened. I guess having two doors would protect you more.

There is so much wrong with this movie but it does the one thing that I ask of any movie...it entertains me. Not always in the way they intended, but this is a really enjoyable film. They could have knocked off about 15 minutes and made the hero less of a pansy ass, but those are minor squibbles to seeing some guy get his head squished or a little foo foo dog get torn in half.

This is one of those films I feel that should get more attention. It's the perfect midnight movie, ready to be riffed and not at all dull like that piece of shit Birdemic is. I think films like this should be seen in an actual theater because this is one of those movies that demands crowd participation.

Maybe I'm just insane.

Instead of my usual "Six Things" deal, I'm going to do what I did with Alien Beasts and give you guys and gals a little highlight reel of this fanfuckingtastic movie. Enjoy!






You can buy the movie like I did (via the Depraved Degenerates Six Pack from Pendulum) or you can buy it cheap right from the director himself HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your 2 cents here!