Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001)
Director: John Cameron Mitchell
Stars: John Cameron Mitchell, Miriam Shor, Michael Pitt
Hedwig is the story of a transsexual rock star wrongly ripped off of her music by the mega popular Tommy Gnosis (Pitt). We learn about her story, we follow her from town to town as she follows him, and ultimately she finds the one person she's needed to look for all along...herself.
Genuinely one of my favorite films, the music in this by Stephen Trask is awesome. First time director Mitchell gives Hedwig this funny semi-tragic life filled with vibrant colors. Also he looks pretty damn good as a woman....shut up.
Six Things I've Learned From Hedwig and the Angry Inch
1. Barbie doll crotch is not a good idea if you wish to remain sexually active.
2. With some christmas lights, a saw, and some rope you too can turn your trailer into your own traveling stage show. Keytar not included.
3. I would have liked to seen a film about the Korean women who were Hedwig's first band. They rocked.
4. Midnight Radio may be one of the best songs ever put together.
5. Don't put a bra in the dryer because it'll warp. Also don't cut your ding dong off for some army guy.
6. I am not the only person talking with Phil Collins' people. That lying bastard.