Thursday, July 12, 2012

Waiting for Guffman (1996)

Waiting for Guffman (1996)
Director: Christopher Guest
Stars: Christopher Guest, Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara

A wannabe Broadway/Community theater director puts together a play on the history of Blaine, Missouri for the town's 150th anniversary. Along with his jealous music director and a cast made up of dentists, travel agents, and Dairy Queen employees, they set out to impress Mort Guffman, a Broadway producer on his way to watch their show.  It made me want to bite my pillow in anticipation of the show.

Six Things I've Learned from Waiting For Guffman

1. I really don't want to know what a penis reduction entails.
2. The song "Nothing really happens on Mars" is now stuck in my head for a week.
3. While calling someone an assface may seem like fun, don't do it when ordering a pizza. I'm still picking out strange hairs.
4. City Council people truly are bastard people. Screw the pool budget!
5. I want to enjoy lunch with my Remains of the Day lunchbox. My Pride and Prejudice thermos broke though.
6. This movie is far closer to a documentary than they think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your 2 cents here!